Accomplished Dallas firm assists with private equity & investment transactions
Private equity firms operate funds, which are pools of capital from investors. Private equity firms use this money to buy other companies or assets and sell them on for a much higher price. Often, the firm also takes a sizable sum of bank debt to make the purchases – this is known as a leveraged buyout. Private equity firms, with their investors, will acquire a controlling or substantial minority position in a company and then look to maximize the value of that investment. Private equity firms generally receive a return on their investments through an initial public offering (IPO), a merger or acquisition or a recapitalization. Private equity firms usually make longer hold investments in specific industry sectors that they have expertise in.
Attorney Richards has been involved in a number of private equity transactions. Being a Lawyer and Certified Public Account, he brings a unique perspective and added value in assisting private equity firms and investors with their fund structure and development and implementation of their investment strategy.
Our firm has spearheaded advisement of private equity and hedge funds in real estate transactions for acquisitions, dispositions, and restructuring valued at $500M+.
What we do
- Advise clients on how to structure new funds and where to register the fund.
- Assist private equity firms negotiate investor contribution terms and conditions.
- Prepare offering materials, subscription agreement, partnership agreements, recommend management and compensation agreements, closing fund formation and more.
- Draft various organizational documents necessary to form an investment fund. Participate in due diligence and contract negotiations.
- Advise clients on Regulation D and compliance issues related to US and international securities, tax and ERISA laws.
- Counsel clients on issues related to fund performance and advertising, and brokerage and portfolio trading guidelines.
Ernest Richards has the legal experience and financial expertise to advise management teams to develop and execute investment plan. Call our firm Today to discuss your project. We serve clients in the Dallas area and throughout Texas.